Monday 1 June 2015

Black and Lavender - Mixed Media Canvas

Hello Everyone,
Shilpa here,

As you know....I am sharing projects with Imagine crafts Fireworks Sprays, here on Color conception Blog....I wanted to try something different. So I played with Lulu Lavender ink spray on
 black surface....
It turned out awesome!!


Many spray ink colors won't be visible on black surfaces, but Firworks sprays are exceptions.


I started with black design papers from Prima Optimist collection. I cut them in pieces and adhered them as collage with Modge Podge, this is one of my favourite technique to create background.


For chevron texture I used Crafters Workshop Stencil and texture paste.  I added Prima Mica flakes, glass beads and small square cuts from Picture wheel die for more interest.
I applied black gesso for this and when it dried I spritzed Lulu Lavender Fireworks Spray onto it.


I cut out Picture wheel with Sizzix die, on that I adhered one metal flower ...colored all this with black gesso and spritzed Lulu Lavender.
I used Sizzix Tattered flower die to make the flower in center.


All the edges are of small squares are highlighted with Faber Castell big brush pen -black. Lastly I applied Inka gold Violet to highlight some areas.

Its fun to work on black surfaces with Fireworks inks... I will be trying my next color soon....do you?
Hope I inspired you to try Fireworks sprays and new technique.
Thanks so much  for stopping by.


Products Used from The Craft Shop:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 The Craft Shop
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates